Tater Tots with Pulled Pork & Spicy Cheese Sauce
- 1 Cup Curly’s BBQ Pulled Pork1 Cup
- 1 Pound Tater Tots1 Pound
- 1 Cup Milk1 Cup
- 1 Cup Nonfat Dried Milk Powder1 Cup
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch1 Tbsp.
- 8 Ounce Block Cheddar cheese 8 Ounce Block
- 1 Tsp. Hot Sauce1 Tsp.
- ¼ Cup Diced Pickled Jalapeños¼ Cup
- 2 Tsps. Crushed Red Pepper2 Tsps.
- ½ Cabbage Thinly Sliced Small Cabbage½ Cabbage
- 2 Tsps. Mayo2 Tsps.
- 1 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar1 Tbsp.
- ¼ Cup Diced Pickles¼ Cup
SLAW: Mix all the slaw ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate while prepping the rest of the ingredients.
CHEESE SAUCE: Whisk the milk, milk powder, and cornstarch together in a heavy bottom pot.
CHEESE SAUCE: Bring to a simmer while whisking. Once you see the sauce thicken and the milk powder is dissolved, remove from heat.
CHEESE SAUCE: Whisk in the cheese. If the cheese hasn’t melted, simply re-heat on low. Use caution as the sauce will separate if heated too quickly!
CHEESE SAUCE: Allow the sauce to cool slightly before adding the hot sauce, jalapeños, and red pepper flakes.
TOTS: Preheat oven to 450˚F. Spread the tots onto a baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons of oil, right on the pan. Spread out and bake, flipping once during cooking, until browned and crispy.
Microwave the pulled pork according to the package instructions.
Place all the tots onto a plate or a warm cast iron skillet.
Top with the pork & pour on the cheese sauce.
Add slaw and serve.